View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a tough time running the 10s without ice mode or the car jerking to one side or another (my car is stock on street tires). It got to a point where I was starting to get scared of the car due to the constant sway under heavy braking, at high speeds especially. I only have limited track time with the 8 due to rain, but it felt a little too spongy to my liking and I didn't have the same confident as the 10 (when they dont sway side to side that is). Off the track they were both useless as they were noisy and dusty, I also had problems with them getting into ice mode at autox. The 10 was way worse than the 8 for that. With the OEM pads, I don't quite get the same ice mode problem. Yet I get this weird thing where the car can randomly get into ABS at slow (<20mph) heavy braking corners. With all that said, I am seriously thinking about running cheap Pepboy pads in the fronts to get less bite and therefore avoid the ABS since I don't think my tires were really locking up. For some odd reason, the low speeds does something weird with the ABS. As I started laying out parameter on my computer for the brake test, I noticed a good 3-6 feet of shorter braking distance with the stronger rears. The weird random ABS engagement was also gone in my limited autox with it (one). I just want to see if anyone has tried it.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote