Thread: GTM TT Stage 2
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
elperuano
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: G37S
elperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond repute
Default GTM TT Stage 2

Sup guys, as a previous owner of a g35 powerlab gt35r I'm looking to take the plunge with my new 08 g37s 6mt i purchased last week
Love the infiniti/nissan cars and my previous vehicle an Infiniti G35 AB 6mt coupe took the plunge in FI last year and I ran a Powerlab gt35r on 8lbs of boost (wastegate pressure) made 420/380ish on a mustang dyno... I ran a Haltech for the tuning purposes and needless to say I absolutely loved the car. No problems in my install or tune or weird issues ever came up.
Im pretty confident in my installer and my tuner as well (that will be a minor issue im trying to find out with this kit).
Fast forward to now and my new ride im looking to get the GTM stage 2 tt kit as it seems the most proven (in particular the g37s). I havent seen much kits out there for the g37 as widely used as the gtm kits.. I know u 370 guys have access to more tt kits than we do..
That being said can anyone chime in (particularly in Florida) how the kit has faired for you? Ive researched a lot and have seen the hp/tq numbers go up from the previous motors.. People can argue the tq seems low but generally at the same psi it seems to be right on..
My only real main issue is the tuning part. I havent heard of anyone using a complete stand alone like Haltech (which i love and my tuner is great with). I've only seen people running the osiris reflash that Sam provides.. I'd love to have my car tuned with the reflash if thas my last choice but being that GTM makes these kits i'd feel most comfortable with Sam tuning it.. But I love in Florida and shipping my car cost country would just drain my finances a little more than I would like to..
For any of you guys down here in Fl that have this kit, did u just go with the reflash and leave it at that? Anyone running a complete stand alone?
My previous g35 was runnin 420/380ish at 8lbs wastegate so im expecting these motors to run somewhat better.. Any input would be greatly appreciated or links that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys, hoping to join the FI club soon (again..)
elperuano is offline   Reply With Quote