View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
AARC51
Base Member

Drives: Red 09 370z Sport
AARC51 is on a distinguished road

34,500 miles =). My original line of thinking (and I'm no mechanic, as you can probably tell) made me argue with the service manager that if the CSC wasn't allowing the clutch to engage fully and promptly then it would be responsible for the extra friction + wear/tear on subsequent dependent parts like the pressure plate and all of it should be covered under warranty as a result.

There response was Looks like you drive this car pretty hard, you're already on your second set of tires... We have to take the tranny apart to inspect, which I realize HAS to be done, and it's going to cost $500 and we've already spoken with Nissan and they're not going to cover this. Also, we've diagnosed this as a worn out clutch - nothing more, you have no leaks.

Now, I realize I could argue with them that I have no EXTERNAL leaks, but again I'm not a mechanic and not that confident when it comes to car system arguments. Also, if it is covered under warranty I'm just going to get the same shitty CSC that keeps failing in the first place.