View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
mrmixitup
Base Member

Drives: 09 White 370Z 6M Spt
mrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond reputemrmixitup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with having engine problems that weren't covered by warranty due to adding on aftermarket parts (it doesn't have to be the 370Z, but some type of Z). I've been itching to put some stuff on, but I'm worried that it could end up costing a lot of money if something goes wrong. My dealership originally said that they would honor the warranty with Stillen parts (as long as they installed them), but now they have changed their tune to Nismo only. The Nismo stuff seems like a lot of money for very little HP gains.

I guess my question is this... what kind of potential repair costs could I be looking at with the Stillen "chain" (ie, intake to exhaust) if something goes wrong?

Are there any 370Z tuning shops that offer some kind of warranty on their work? When I had the engine on my 911 rebuilt, the mechanic said that he would repair any engine problems with no labor charges. All I ever had to buy was a set of gaskets.
In accordance with the Magnuson Moss Act, the dealership should prove that the modification was responsible for the failure.

The problem is, that an intake can be blamed for anything wrong with the engine.

Long story short: Unless you are buying mods that are easily removable, don't plan on having a warranty.
mrmixitup is offline   Reply With Quote