View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
RunNgun
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z black AT
RunNgun is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer scammed me :(

So if you remember I was debating between a grey or black Nissan 370z last week. Well I finally bought one, in black, only to get a phone call from the dealer today telling me "sorry man, the financing fell through, we have to raise your rate to get you refinanced for the car". This is actually a rather common scam from dealerships, a type of bait and switch on the purchase price for the car. Their strategy is that you will either fall in love with the car and just accept the price hike, or be too stupid to know it's a scam and just eat it.

VIDEO0002 - YouTube

But I said **** that ****, and took the fucker back. Ordinarily I would be subject to all sorts of fines for putting miles on it and so forth, but they made one huge fuckup. The mileage on the sales receipt is different from the miles on the inspection report, which I found in the glove box, which they forgot to remove. The inspection report states the vehicle had 200 miles on it. The sales receipt stated 19. This already pissed me off once I learned about it since it basically means my car was a ******* demo unit used for test rides. I'm sure every ******* that drove it around the block did so at 8000 rpm's, and anyone who knows anything about cars recognizes this as a big no-no.

My wife's mother is a lawyer and she gave me all the legal verbiage to use against them basically voiding the entire sales contract and just handing them back the keys. So now I'm back cruising around in my fully loaded altima again. I'll miss my Z, was fun getting a 7 day test run out of it. But this all worked out for the best since now I'm just gonna wait for the 2012 model and probably get better financing out of the situation anyway going to a bank myself. If there's one thing I learned from this, never EVER do dealership financing. I've done this 3x before and I knew I wasnt getting the best rate, but now I've been burned hard and wont ever let it happen again. People, ALWAYS go to your local bank or credit union, or even an online loan service, get the loan, and bring a blank check to the dealership to write for the cash value you intend on paying to drive the car home. This way you never even set foot into a financier's office.
RunNgun is offline   Reply With Quote