View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikuh View Post
As much as I really like the idea of a performance Leaf, considering a base price of almost $28k in conjuntion with giving up the ability to travel long distances and the massive amount of recharge time required to from empty to full, I don't expect a Nismo model to be much more than a showing of what they can do. The wide spread use of the electric car is still very much so a pipe dream in the US with a whole slew of problems needing to be addressed.

I would much rather see Nissan incorporating their hybrid technology into their lineup in a way that doesn't sacrifice to much on the performance end. If only we had better battiers and recharge methods...
once tesla's patent on supercaps in cars either dies or gets licensed, we will see a huge jump in performance of electric cars. Batteries have nothing on supercaps.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote