View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphman View Post
Seeing the OP, this gives Nissan all the opportunity to give the next gen Z a huge increase in power without impeeding on GTR territory. By the time the next gen Z comes out the GTR will have no problem pushing 600+ bhp like previous posts have suggested. So a Z with low-mid 400bhp is extremely possible and the GTR of that time will still have no problem making the Z look like it is standing still in a race. With that said if and only if they make another Z and they throw that 360bhp hybrid in it you will definately be able to say the Z is dead. At this point handling means increased handling over the 370 means nothing if there is not a huge increase in power to go with it, just my opinion. I am just hoping with all the hype that is going to come with these next few years of GTR's does not inflate the price.

your right there is room to grow for the Z..but the biggest issue right now is its already at the borderline of the whole performance to value ratio... and there are other options out there that have better performance in the same price bracket as the 370... that didnt exist when the 350 was first launched... so yeah i would like to see 400 out of the Z and honestly it needs it to compete...but i dont see them doing it without having to bring it upscale in price just a bit and that goes against what the Z has always stood for as i said before its already knocking on the 40K door for a nicely equipped car..... so the Z platform ... its in a weird place right now and seems to be a little stuck...
MC is offline   Reply With Quote