View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #99 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Update... I just got the car back from service after replacing the rubber boot that covers the shift linkage.

The tech was able to duplicate the sticky gearbox issue by getting on an uphill slope and even backing up the car. He also noticed a bit of judder that comes and goes. He spoke with one of the GT-R master techs and he noticed that I'm running DOT5 fluid (Module RBF600). So the possible causes for the gear getting stuck is possibly the DOT5 fluid not being up to temp and clutch disc (as esfourteen mentioned).

Again, the car is still drivable and this issue does not appear to grind gears. I'm told to keep driving, and to take it back if it gets worse.

I found a thread in the Challenger forum in which owners had the same issue. There were mentions of some sort of shift rail, detent ball and spring, etc., that might be causing the hang up.

Whatever it is, hopefully I can get it covered under warranty.