View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
MQDuclos
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
MQDuclos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Sheets View Post
Hey MQDuclos are you still impressed with the AAM? Really considering since the muffler shop near my place quoted $275 for a muffler delete. I would prefer an easy bolt on over slicing and dicing my stock muffler.

Please advise! Cheers.
The install was super easy and quick. I would highly recommend this over hacking and welding. If I ever get a slap on the wrist from the 5-0, I can easily unbolt the AAM pipes and stick stock muffler back on with minimal work. The sound can be almost too loud at times, especially with the windows up. I keep my windows down 90% of the time for two reasons... One: because I live in Souther California and I enjoy the beautiful weather. And two: because my windows have 5% tint all the way around. There's a pretty harsh harmonic resonance at certain RPM (about 4k, under moderate load), with the windows up. Other than that, I love it! It's a quick way to turn heads. I ran into a guy with the Meisterschaft axle-back kit which is about $1,000 more than what the AAM pipes costs, and it was marginally louder but clearly a more tuned sound. All in all, I highly recommend the AAM pipes if you're looking for a quick, low-cost aggressive sound.
MQDuclos is offline   Reply With Quote