View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
How often would you drive the 911? I wouldn't DD it. Oil changes on my car are $130 a piece. I would imagine the 911 is between 2 and 400, and includes a full going over by trained techs. If you can afford a $85K+ car, $200-400 on an oil change isn't the end of the world. It's more like 4-6 tanks of gas. Now when you consider that 3K mile oil changes are a thing of the past (My current DIC read-out estimates for my car that the next change is due at 16K miles based on driving conditions, etc. It has 3500 on it now.)

Basically, oil-changes happen once a year unless tracked. $500 a year price to play? Cheap.

Tracking a P-car, though, I agree with is expensive. Tracking ANY $85K+ car is expensive. If it weren't, a lot more of us would do it. Kindof like being in shape. It takes WORK, or everyone would have a 6-pack set of abs and squat 500+
IC, I agree. I said Porsche oil changes are expensive, but far less frequent. Basically the same thing. It seems like a lot to pay for one, but when you're only getting one instead of 4-5 annually, it's not bad.