View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #6950 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Today -- playing hookey from work, treating the 370 to a complete wax job with Meguiar's Ultimate, vacuuming the house, packing for San Diego, charging camera batteries, posting on the forum, etc. Tonight, we are headed to a bizarre event. A good friend (my ex-wife's wife) checked out (the permenant kind and by her own hand) a year ago today -- so there is a party in her honor. They say it will be the best party that the guest of honor does not get to attend. It should be weird and heavily populated with the flannel-wearing diesel dyke crowd.

I need to write a book or something.

Dang, I almost forgot...

Happy Friday, Mr. Kenchan!

TGIF, mr. onzedge! have a safe trip.

and yah...wow, that is quite a story... definitely a novel coming soon(?)
i do sympathize for the heart ache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Man I want to do the Oil Cooler but I know my wife would have a $hit fit. She was giving me hell about a freeking spring coming in the mail. (clutch helper spring) WTF, I used to restore piles and track them.

I can just hear her over my shoulder nagging me straight during the entire job about whatever stupid thing enters her mind. And when that front bumper comes off... it'll be time to put the earphones on with some music blasting.
can you get that shipped and installed at your buddy's place? it's a small radiator looking thing and im 100% sure your wife wont even notice it once the bumper's back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Ken - yea, I read your write-up on the Di Noc thread and saw that about the CarID stuff. I doubt if I use any of it now, but was thinking it would help with some of the cut outs. It was $100 on sale, so if it helps avoid ordering some of the real CF stuff - while gorgeous, is expense - it will pay for itself, plus I might be able to help out some of the guys around the Houston area.

BTW - your write-up was great, and will be a big help!

Mike

hahahaha, yah, i lost like $20 on that ordeal for their stupid mistake. not a huge loss, but rather had charburgers and cheeze fries with that and change to spare.

i think the best and cheapest way to make the template is to just trace the outline with a piece of paper using a stensil. also if you're planning on doing the door switch covers, it goes much faster if you just remove the switch module from the door and just wrap it. you will need to do a quick window reset which is like 5-10 sec of window all the way rolled down, hold...then up all the way, hold another 5-10 sec. done.