View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcon2011 View Post
Ask Brian about me-I think you'll find out he knows a lot more about me than you do. Among other things, he'll tell you that I did ask for his pointers! Typical of him, he shared them freely-just as he does his efforts in Z days. He had planned on being at the convention but was called out of country for work-ask him...

But on that note, Any of you that are not getting in there to change things by volunteering are showing how passionate you really are about the Z community-in your actions....or more to the point your lack there of!
Typing a series of comments may make you feel better, and might get some of your like minded buds to type and chat, but getting off your *** and volunteering at a Z function will actually make the community better.
Actually i disagree. Some of us are capable of volunteering while others aren't. But when someone volunteers and then says i couldnt do this or that cus of family or this or that should have thought that out before volunteering. If you put it on your shoulders, make sure you can carry it. I volunteer to do things when i KNOW i can do it. And i make arrangements around it. Being a volunteer or not is in no way a representation of how much you care about the Z cars. Everyone contributes in different and many ways.

The people who drive over 1000 miles to some shows care alot.
Those who show up when their car isnt working, care alot.
People who build up their car/clean it and get it ready for some of these shows care alot.
etc etc.

It may not be how you would show your appreciation but damned if you think that your way is the only way or the best way.

Everyones in it together. Everyone can make the z community better just be being better people overall and showing more respect and care, working together etc. Being a volunteer alone doesnt change anything. You could volunteer and do a shitty *** job. Doesnt make anything better. If you volunteer, know what you are good at, and what you aren't. Delegate what you aren't good at or can't accomplish.

Another reason why volunteering wont change the community is that even if someone puts on the best, perfectly planned show/event, if the people attending come in with shitty or selfish attitudes... you didn't change anything.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote