View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
MrBMW
Enthusiast Member

Drives: YELLOW 370Z 6MT NAV
MrBMW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus370z View Post
Are their two additional inputs in the stock head unit for the stereo? One for the Reverse Cam and another for the Ipod?

Thanks !

James
I'm not sure how GCCS have connected the two inputs. The Rev Camera works on the Aux input and so does the iPod/iPhone connector. Although if your listening to some Music on the iPod and you start to Reverse the Camera shows on the screen but it dosnt cut the music (hope that makes sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH370Z View Post
what is the ipod connector? what is the difference to the one that comes standard on the car? Can you control the ipod from stereo/wheel and does tract info get displayed
There is no Standard iPod connector in Aus spec cars. Yes we have the AV Inputs for various type players, but no control ability. Also to answer CJ's ? below as well (sry mate for not ans' earlier), at this stage i haven't been able to control it through the steering wheel.

I havnt had a chance to see George at GCCS to see if there is some kind of work around on this. The US Spec cars as far as i know have FULL control over their iPods.

Now for showing Data on the screen, it dosnt show track info. There has to be a way around this. You have full Video playback on the screen, so maybe it's something to do with the Connector i'm using. I have only used my iPhone 16gig 3G and iPod 80gig 5.5gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ2151 View Post
No idea about controls off the steering wheel i don't get my car for another 2-3 weeks, maybe Scott can answer that, ill wait and see once its installed. That price was with the reverse cam and ipod mod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhoneconnetor.jpg (120.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg iPodconnected.jpg (74.9 KB, 13 views)