View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
RunNgun
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z black AT
RunNgun is on a distinguished road

Loosely read over this thread, one thing I'll mention though is basically trust nothing anyone there says. Finance manager tried to claim that I couldnt do any better than 4.99% financing on my Z, and that he can beat all the banks. I got the loan for 2.75% from the biggest credit union in my state. They really are scumbags and I dont see how anyone could do this for a living. I wouldnt even be surprised if I found out the dealership actually did get me at 2-3% APR, and just marked it up to 5% and pocketed the difference himself somehow.

I've seen it posted before, that you should really just go into a dealership with a check for the total cash value of the car you intend on paying, which basically removes the entire finance dept from the equation. Now it's just you vs the salesmen trying to get the price you want.

My uncle has a nice little story about his most recent car puchase. He walks into the dealer, finds the car that he wants, looks at the price, and tells them "I am going to buy this vehicle outright in full with cash right now. You have one, I repeat one chance to give me a price you think I want to buy it for. No second chances, no negotiating, you get one opportunity to give me a price for this car to drive off the lot from a cash purchase. If I dont like your offer, I am walking out the door, there will be no second chances". Supposedly got a 40k truck for something like 30k. I think I will try this next time
RunNgun is offline   Reply With Quote