View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I don't know who the heck drove these cars but they obviously don't know how to drive around corners, just mash the gas pedal. Shouldn't they use a professional driver for these kind of tests? In my experience the car has been as fast or faster than a Mustang GT or even a Boss around the track similarly equiped (occasionally a Corvette). Granted I didn't get to drive the Mustangs so I don't know what I could do behind the wheel. Power isn't everything, just makes it easy for inexperienced drivers to go faster.

I always got flamed for saying the same thing about the drivers...maybe people will listen to you.

I can attest from having driven both cars that the mustang almost definitely has an edge. On a lot of tracks, the V6 mustang is just as fast, if not faster, than the z...a lot of it has to do with the fact that in stock trim, the mustang actually uses all four tires.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote