View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun
I just called the sales manager involved in my purchase about this, and he started by saying "every new car has on average between 100-400 miles on it before the customer takes it"
Never heard that bro, so I'm going to call it a lie, brand new 8, 10, 20mi maybe, 100+ not so brand new anymore, that's when they should have displayed you the correct mileage so you went in with appropriate price for negotiation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun View Post
He also said that if it was test driven by a customer, Nissan forbids dealerships to let customers go full throttle on their cars or put the cars in other unsafe conditions so I shouldnt have to worry about some moron gunning it to "see what she can do".
misleading, now it might be a Nissan policy but I don't see it enforced, I was the moron who went uber full throttle on my test drive Zs (5 of them to be precise), I won't disclose but I was way up there speed-wise during the test drive, the sales guy didn't say anything or stop me, he was too busy looking for something to grip hard on... now I told him he didn't have to be with me during the test drive. Besides how will the sales guy enforce that you don't drive the car hard, snatch the steering wheel and pedals from you? Sorry but that's not always true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun View Post
Finally he said I could bring the sales receipt in and they could adjust it to reflect accurate mileage lol. As far as I'm concerned these 2 documents are my only leverage against them should I need it. You mentioned it's basically too late to do anything, but is there anything that should be done? I guess if the car blows up in a year from bent valves due to improper break-in maybe I can try to sue or something?
Thoughts?
Well I would document the mileage, taking a pic with date and timestamp, make a copy of the receipt and keep it aside so if it just so happens that you have problems with the car early on, you would have covered your bases or see if you can get more post deal sweeteners since the dealer pretty much f***** you during the purchase. Now I'm not saying you'll necessarily need that but you can cover yourself that way. Don't beat yourself up that you could have should have at this point, just document some of things stated above and enjoy your car.

You'll have better experience of the online car purchase process the next time around. When I purchase mine it took over 24hours of negotiation and the dealer tried to trick me by hiding extra fees in the purchase order, I kicked it back 4 times and told him not to waste my time if the numbers were not what I wanted, I flew in and thoroughly inspected the car and what was stated on sales order before signing anything. I ended up buying the car less than what I had anticipated

Post pics of your cool ride when you get the chance boss!
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote