View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #56 (permalink)
RunNgun
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z black AT
RunNgun is on a distinguished road

No I didnt bother to run a carfax on a brand new car, thought that was only for used cars. I just called the sales manager involved in my purchase about this, and he started by saying "every new car has on average between 100-400 miles on it before the customer takes it". He also said that it could have 200 miles on it from the first dealer because they traded it from yet another dealer for a purchase that never completed. Or because they just wanted to have a black Z on their lot so they had one brought in from another dealer.

He also said that if it was test driven by a customer, Nissan forbids dealerships to let customers go full throttle on their cars or put the cars in other unsafe conditions so I shouldnt have to worry about some moron gunning it to "see what she can do".

Finally he said I could bring the sales receipt in and they could adjust it to reflect accurate mileage lol. As far as I'm concerned these 2 documents are my only leverage against them should I need it. You mentioned it's basically too late to do anything, but is there anything that should be done? I guess if the car blows up in a year from bent valves due to improper break-in maybe I can try to sue or something?

Thoughts?

Last edited by RunNgun; 09-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.
RunNgun is offline   Reply With Quote