View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #878 (permalink)
Motordyne
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z
Motordyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsWithDips View Post
Any updates on the new exhaust system development? Really interested to see what you guys come up with.

Getting close yet? Just curious because four weeks ago, you had estimated it would be ready about now. I totally understand if there's delays, just hungry for an update.
Yes, in fact, I was just under the Z today with my fabricator discussing the details of resonator placement and experimentation. There has been excellent progress and its at about 90% complete.

One configuration is completely done and finalized.
Another configuration which is radically different from the first is @ ~90%.

The laser cut merge collector distance and merge angle is optimized and finalized.
The axleback section ground clearance has been greatly maximized. It's finalized and jigged up for production.
The only thing left to do is some final experimentation with resonator location on the primaries and that's it.

Its really close to completion and I am very happy with how it is shaping up.

This will probably be the most unique/exotic exhaust design of probably any exhaust in any market or platform. ...IE Compare it against anything. Not just 370Z exhaust systems.

You can quote me on this^ When the pictures are posted, let me know what you think.

It will feature interchangeable modularity like our exhaust for the 350Z but this modularity is an all new design and is even better.

From the very start the system was designed with strong emphasis for clearing lowered vehicles. So even though it features dual 3" stainless tubing for most of the system, it has lots of ground clearance.

In fact, it will be a good point to test it on a fully slammed Z. And I mean SLAMMED.
Motordyne is offline   Reply With Quote