View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonster View Post
That's because (1) Porsche isn't competing with the Mustang, and (2) they don't want to eat up 911 sales.

Anyway, balance is all fine and good, but we're starting to sound like RX-8 drivers now. It's not a good sign when "balance" is all you can point to over the competition.
That's kind of my point. Of course Porsche isn't going say "we are competing with the Mustang"...or 370z for that matter, but they are in the mix. Granted there are other factors, but it is not always about having the most powerful engine and never has been with the Z. Heck, comparing a Z to a Mustang or Camaro was pratically unheard of before the 350z/370z. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that a lot high performace cars nowadays are trying to be less of a one trick pony, so its a fair comparison when you talk about performace alone. They compared the M3 to the Boss 302, and the M3 to the Cayman, so why is a Cayman/Mustang comparison so farfetched? Having a more balanced car makes for a faster car around a track, something they focused greatly when designed the 370z. It's not the only thing to "point to over the competition," its what makes for great sports car. It's what makes the GT-R or 458 Italia so great, how is that a negative? Not the most powerful cars out there, but they hold there own because they work great when you look at the whole package.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 09-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote