View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Pioneers IMO "you all knew I would chime in" from my experience do not last at all. Other manufactures such as kenwood and alpine last for years and years.

I have had their single din units and double din fail from displays stop working to cd's stop ejecting right to the whole unit just dying. Even the pico fuse problem is a PITA.

All in all I have seen over 12 pioneer units fail in less than a years worth of use.
And i've had the oposite, every Pioneer i've run has last for years, the oldest i still have working is about 10 years old now. the one i use in my toy truck is about 7 years old. Alpines for me a have normally been crap, starting in the mid 90's, i had one get sent in to get fixed, it had to go back to Alpine, so i bought another alpine to use while it was gone, that one died before my other one was back from getting fixed...how ever i'm on about Alpine number 5 and it's been good, the first one i've had last more then about 6 month.
Its all a matter of luck i think with HU's the main brands are all good, for the most part, it comes down to features and user preferance i think.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote