View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #39 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I read the times on that track and....wtf? Supposedly an RX8 is faster than a 575 Maranello and a BMW 535D beats a Noble M12 GTO?

Yeah, that standard of measure just became worthless to me.
If people look to Top Gear as a standard for objective facts, they may end up disappointed. I watch it for the entertainment value and for the cars.

Don't take it seriously. Just enjoy the show. Hell, Clarkson's going to contradict himself on a car every third episode, but he's funny.

And these cars are taken out on different days by a racing driver. The conditions vary from wet/cold, hot/dry, etc, etc. Who knows what that driver's natural talents are and why some cars go faster in his hands? It's not set up for consistent results.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote