Thread: Wheel Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

I've emailed SPL about the solid diff bushings for the 350Z. The front bushings should fit without a problem but the rear one will take a little bit of elbow grease to get in there since subframe in the 350Z is slightly different. They did mention that they will be releasing a set specific to the 370Z soon.

I do get some wheelhop when launching at the track, it seems to depend on how I modulate the clutch & gas pedal. If you look at my times, I've managed 1.8x and 1.9x 60-ft times at the track consistently. I'm still on the stock RE050 potenzas.

You might want to check your rear diff bushing. Even though our 370Z's are still pretty new, there's still a decent chance that you might have a busted rear diff mount. Nissan decided to fill it with some fluid to soften the ride. If you abuse your car enough, it'll rip open and spill black fluid all over the diff cover.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote