Thread: Stupid Question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid Question

I've been looking for break pad upgrades like half the Z owers here...

Looked at multiple websites and don't see any different selections for sport pkg vs base. Think I like the Carbotech, either XP10/XP8 or XP8/XP8 setup. I had carbotech in my 69Vette and they were awesome except I don't know what compound they were. Put about 120 minutes of track time on them and about 60k miles. Looked like the rotor was going to go first but still had a bunch of pad material when I sold the car in preparation for the Z. Only squeeked once in a while but liked to be warmed up a bit.

Here's the stupid question... Are the break pads the same size on the sport brakes vs the standard? Am I missing something here?
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote