View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I had the same thing actually. The outer (Speed-)bleeder on my right rear caliper leaked a bit of fluid straight out of the threads my first time at MSR-H. I didn't notice until I was going over the car back home (and it also cleared up fine with a very slight tightening). Be very wary of over-tightening bleeder screws though. It's easy for the bleeder screw threads to cut the caliper threads. Since there's a definite bottom to the bleeder screw hole, the screw won't actually go deeper when it bottoms out, it will just cut up the threads and cause a permanent leak. Went through this on my last car, ended up just replacing the caliper after that mistake.
Thanks for the advice. Yea I only turned it so slightly. It was defiantly already tight. I believe that will solve that issue.