View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
NYBladeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lotus Exige S
NYBladeZ has a spectacular aura aboutNYBladeZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Drove my lil bro from another mother's 1M

I didn't even know he was looking, he mentioned it before, but tonight he shows up at a dinner part and hands me a BMW key. I instantly knew, fully loaded 1m, 151 miles on the odometer, burnt orange. I didn't give it the business, never reving past 5K. However here are a few driving impressions.

The steering is super light, compared to my Z I feel as if I could turn the wheel with one finger. Not saying light steering is good or bad, but definitely different. Also the steering wheel is very thick, I love it, something I'm going to have to search the aftermarket for to add to the Z.

The gearbox is smooth. The gates are close enough and engagement is smooth. The clutch is on the light side. One huge gripe I have with Nissan and Infiniti, the m6 gearbox is chunky and notchy under normal driving.

Power is linear, BMW has perfectly hidden the fact that this car is turboed. The revs come fast and it has an N/A feel to it.

Looks sexy as hell, the orange is the only color I'd want it in. However, and this may come off sounding biased. It is not as fast as my Z as my Z currently stands. I would guess that its faster than a stock Z. If I can punch out this 20 page paper early enough we're going to meet tomorrow for a photoshoot and maybe a fun run.

Overall a great car, much better than the 335i, granted it has the 335is motor, the suspension is stiff ride is a bit hard, there is no hiding this is a go car not a show car. I love the flared fenders and 19" wheels. However, I will say that for $55k I'm thrilled he bought it and not me. I'll definitely find a way to get behind the wheel of this thing more especially after its broken in.