Thread: Front Plate
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
WUKILLABEEZ78
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G Sedan
WUKILLABEEZ78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoZ View Post
I'm gonna sound so stupid for this but, you can order from the factory? How do you do that? And does that mean you only have to pay invoice? If so, why doesn't everyone do this?
Of course you can order from the factory. You just go to the dealership, configure all the options you want on the car and then tell them to order it. They generally have you put a deposit down on the car (I put down $1000 when I ordered my G sedan). It's that simple. Then when the car comes you go pick it up (or they'll bring it to you if you live far away from the dealership) and you pay for it (set up the financing), etc... When you order from the factory you generally aren't able to get as good a deal as when you buy off the lot but getting the exact car you want (not having to compromise on choosing from only what they have on the lot) makes up for it for those who do it. More people don't buy from the factory because most people are impatient and want their vehicle right away. My G sedan was the first car I ever ordered from the factory and it was a very positive experience. I will never buy off the lot again.