View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
I saw a lot of insurance price discussions here. I'm paying $680 for full coverage, here's how.

Today I was quoted $1,701 with a $500 deductable. I was able to reduce the price to $680 by maxing the deductable to $2,000. ($1,021 savings annually)

I had no idea the deductable could have that kind of impact, so I wanted to share.

My last claim was in 1998, and I'm a cautious driver (and a careful parker) so I'm willing to bet on myself. If you are in the same category, you could consider this too.

This is through Met Life. I use Grundy for my other special cars. A Chevelle and a 1934 Ford cost about $600 combined, small deductable. The catch is that they limit usage. You can joy-ride all you want but you can't commute or run errends. The Z is my driver, so I don't qualify with Grundy.
Dude Im 31 & never needed to file a claim on a car before. Im currently on my second. The first claim was due to a giant hail storm that hit and pinged my WHOLE car up!! A tree top also snapped off and landed on my trunk breakin the spoiler and rear taillight along w denting the trunk. This all happened BEFORE MY FIRST OIL CHANGE! Now Im currently on my second due to a deer that jumped out in front of me. My advice is DONT CHEAP OUT ON THE DEDUCTIBLE!! Itll prob end up biting you in the ***.