View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Q View Post
Yeah Nissan really screwed up on this car with the tranny . It's my first MT so but not the first to drive. I think I didn't notice anything because I was so happy with my first sport car lol . I really don't regret buying the car(maybe sometime when I'm in a bad mood), but if I went back I might not buy the Z and stick with my other three options, STI, EVO, supra, and the GT.
Yeah the Z was not my first sports/sporty car. I've had an Integra, RX7 TT, G35, and then the Z. The Z was by far the worst tranny. I have NO idea why. The G35 I had, was a 2003, it was notchy, but it was in no way like this Z. I don't know how Nissan can revert backwards... makes no sense. Makes me wonder if I had a car that had tranny issues? Mine didn't have a lurch at all, but just that rattly, grinding sound that was so annoying, esp when driving with windows down. I heard it all the time when slowing to a stop or starting to move from a stop. After much research and talking to fellow Z owners, I guess that was supposed to be "normal".

When I had buddies in the car, they'd say, "what is THAT sound?". I'd say, oh it's normal!!! They say, "Oh really???? ummm ok..." Kindda embarassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Nothing new... I had an '03 that needed a replacement transmission because of grinding. It was great for a few months, but then it became real notchy to the point it hurts my wrists. It also lurches in 1st.

When I got the 370Z, I did some reading about failed slave cylinders for the '07+ 350Z. There were other models that had the same issue as well. Master cylinder failures is no surprise either. I don't get what's so hard about having a decent clutch hydraulic system especially from a car that's starting to touch $40k.
I agree Digi... kindda same thing with an oil cooler. Add it on, even as an option, I'll pay for it.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote