Thread: 370Z v. 300ZX
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Rant time (and I love the 300zx and know many guys on this forum own one or both)
This review is just an 'older' generation Z driver stroking his ego on how his older Z is a more 'true' Z car. Sorry but lets break it down:

-Not the fastest Nissan car: The Z never was, it does not matter that the Skyline GT-R was not sold in the US until the R35 but the Z was always a medium level competitor against Porsche. Yes, the 300zx TT compete against the older corvettes but once the C5 corvette arrived it was a whole new ball game from GM. Where the Z was already very well prepped for its group they kept it where it belonged.

-Titanium key...really? No offense, but I have a 2009 Z and have the Nissan emblem on mine and when I throw it down people just see Nissan, but I have borrowed a Z emblem fob before and people notice that right away. If I had some generic titanium cut key it would not demand a greater presence or higher meaning. In today's market an electronic key is standard and commands a higher level of quality and Nissan did a smart idea in 2010 (and later) by added the Z logo breaking it away from the standard Nissan key.

-Sychro rev match - reviewer is an idiot, enough said

-Interior: How is the Z interior not unique, sorry but it commands the pure sports car feel. From the gauges (minus the fuel/water temp) to the console of straight forward design with minor luxury features, down to the triple gauges. The 300zx was the only car never to have the triple gauge setup in the car, which many claimed to be a huge downside to the car because it lost a true Z feature which all generations carried.

There are more idiotic points in this article but not worth my time.
I got about a minute in and 'd
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote