View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
RB only makes a 1-piece rotor for the base model, they don't have one that fits the sport package, only the 2-piece you referenced. The RB 2-piece would be fine as well, both companies have good metallurgy and construction.

The drilled rotors look sexy, but when the cracks start playing "connect the dots" after a couple of track days you'll be hating it. They're fine for street driving but add additional noise and help consume your brake pads faster.
Yeah, I have the sport package. Just looking to get the calipers PC'd and upgrade the lines/fluid/pads/rotors and that should do just fine for me until I can get my track expertise up.

I like the RB 2 piece ones because they give you the benefits of both, slots with holes in them as opposed to crossdrilled... Would that be a good median?

They do have signifigantly better weight savings vs the 4000's...

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote