View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
The worst part was I saw on the video where I knew I should be, and yet I was late and wide right off the bat then too early. I simply needed to go slower and drive the line properly and forget about going fast.

I will ask about a private lesson with an instructor in the car.
I think you're probably ready for a HPDE session. With HPDE you wont get quite as much track time, probably 4 20-30 minute sessions, but you will have an instructor available to you for all the sessions. If the instructor thinks you are driving well enough he can cut you loose at his option.

The downside is that there will be more cars on track, but they will all be students and probably not driving that fast. There will be passing (probably not for the first couple of laps) but it will be controlled point-by style.

Look for BMWCCA or Audi HPDE events in your area on motorsportreg.com. As a plus it will be considerably cheaper.