View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
370zdub
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z 6mt,10 Ford
370zdub has a spectacular aura about370zdub has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
LOVE the avatar!

Yeah, I posted a different thread essentially explaining my disappointment with Nismo models. (Thread is Nismo = Cheez-mo)

I personally love my 6MT Sport Touring. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive and has an elegance and refinement in its body design that I and most people who see the car absolutely love. The Nismo ruined that fluidity and style.
haha thanks I am a big fan of the avatar as well.

I have been very pleased with my car but, I do believe that the Nismo was overhyped, not by Nissan, but rather by the consumer. We all knew what the Nismo package would consist of but for some reason we thought it would be the god-send GT3 slayer. I think the looks of the Nismo are subjective and I will leave that to the individual, but by looking simply at mechanical specs the physics of it being much better than the standard 370z are just not there. It does however deliver a slightly better on track performance margain and does display some items that Nismo has to offer for the standard Z, and that I do believe is what Nissan was going for on this. While the Nismo may have disappointed some I think that it will please many, and further more be a great platform of which to build a full track car on.