Thread: New issue
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold
Default New issue

WithIn the past week i noticed something strange with my clutch. Starting off, and city driving was fine. But i would get on the highway and not need to shift for miles. I went to downshift and slow down, pushed in on the clutch...... And almost all tge way to the floor it had zero resistance, and i mean u could have pushed it with a babies pinky finger. And as well as this every now and again even when it was acting fine it would randomly not come up from tye floor.

Upon further investigation i noticed the clutch fluid (which is lazily dot 3 brake fluid) res was almost empty!!!! So i filled it and made a bee line for nissan, i explained my issue and have lost a lot of faith in there mechs. One wanted to blame the pressure plate, and another wanted to blame a chiped tooth on the flywheel or a messed up throw out bearing.

Now correct me if im wrong, but these are hyd operated clutches "hense the fluid". Now if the issue is random, which it is, its probably not mechanical in nature. And they gave me the impression that they didnt even think about tye fact that the fluid has to go SOMEWHERE..... Its not just going to dissapear.

Personally i believe its the slave cylinder thats going bad, and thats where the leak is, or in the line somewhere. Im 99% sure air got in it so even filling it wont change anything.

Anyone second this opinion before nissan tries to rip the whole transmission appart like ******* retards and wastes weeks of my time? Also wanted o put this out tyere as a possible part to keep an eye on, as my car has 12k miles and is not abused. Any knowledge on the subject is welcome.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote