Thread: 1way diff
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged View Post
The Quaife is not a locking clutch style LSD, so it 1.5 or 2.0 way doesn't apply. It's a torsion style differential and never locks. They are very smooth for street use, but I don't like them on track because of the fact that they never lock and it's common for a wheel to leave the ground, which will cause a Quaife to become essentially an open diff for that moment. Once you become accustomed to have a locking 1.5 diff feels it's hard to go back. I prefer the OSG...my favorite. Use on the 370Z, G37, GT-R, our GT3..you name it. : home :: online store ::...
for the most part I agree. Torsen diffs are great as long as both wheels are on the ground...for most people though, the open diff behavior during wheel lift is actually a good thing. Their life and maintenance is also much better for a streeted car.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote