View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX Z View Post
I think the 370Z has a very good chance of being an overdog compared to the RX-8 on most courses. Thats not to say it needs to get bumped to AS. I think its about time for the RX-8's reign to end and for BS to get a bit faster, especially when compared to CS.

As for the competitiveness in AS it probably doesn't have a great chance however I will offer this data point. At the last event I was at AS consisted of an S2000 CR with hoosiers. I can't comment on the quality of the driver but I beat him on street tires.
Yes, my comment about AS was also based on beating about half of the AS field running on Hoosiers (including a good driver and friend of mine in a C4). If I was on Hoosiers I would have easily won BS and came pretty close to matching the top AS driver who is no slouch.

Now I have to decide whether I want to go to the regionals, where the competition will really step up. I'm on the fence because I'm not sure if I want to show up on street tires and get embarrassed.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote