View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Since this thread has turned into a "what I pay for insurance" chat, we need to all keep in mind that location and overall policy have a lot to do with what we pay.

My insurance in Houston is 75% of what it was in New Orleans. All of my insurance is through State Farm - homeowners and the insurance on my new Z, my wife's MDX and my son's Tacoma. That policy includes a $1,000,000 umbrella. The umbrella brings it's own set of minimum coverages. All of that jacks up my rates.

There's a lot to be said for sticking with an insurer if you can. I've been with State Farm since 1978. I'm sure Progressive or Geico could low-ball them for awhile, but I have NEVER had a problem with a claim, including one associated with hurricane Katrina. In the aftermath of the storm, a lot of folks found out how really good there underwriters were; it was a rude awakening for many.

As is always the case, in the long run, you tend to get what you pay for. Choose wisely and remember to always know exactly what you are paying for.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote