View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

What kind of vehicle is it? That will be most helpful in giving you more indepth responses.

It doesn't hurt to pull the VIN# and Current License Plate and call your local police department to make sure everything is legit and not stolen. I have purchased cars in the past where things may have seemed too good to be true or somewhat "fishy". So I always make it a point to do this prior to exhanging cash with keys.

Aside from that.... really you have it covered. Me, personally, I would call a few local mechanic shops and ask their techs what they think about the car.

Case in point....most women love the VW Beetle ('98+). It looks cool, has great fuel MPG, is extremely safe and is...for the most part...very reliable. But when things do break it sucks! My mom has one and I absolutely hate that car. Things are never simple to replace nor are they cheap (either for parts or labor).

Some mechanics will say great things about them or may offer warnings. In my case, generally when I mention I am working on a VW Bug. The first response is either A) SUCKS FOR YOU! or B) Awww... I'm sorry.

Just something to think about....

Last edited by Dustin@Z1; 09-17-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote