View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmartin81 View Post
I just received mine today from ProperAutoCare. I can't wait to use it; however, I just applied polish and sealant a couple of weeks ago by hand, so it would be a wait to remove it and re-apply it with the machine. I think the best thing to do is wait till fall to do it all over again. But I don't know. I'm really curious to see how much better it will turn out. Therefore, I'm tempted to use it right away....hehe.

Does anyone have any experience with this polisher?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89323lmQ2LI
I have one and with proper use they work very well. If you just did it by hand, I would personally wait until you need to do it again. I assume the hand polish removed any hairline scratches and swirl marks...... if it did, no need to re-do it until it is needed again. The porter cable will speed up the process and make polishing a breeze. I still apply and remove my Meguires NXT tech wax sealant by hand, after the clay bar and porter cable polish. Since the finish on the 370 is new, and in great shape sans a few hairline scratches, I use Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover from Autogeek ..... works great and sets up the finish for the Meguiars.

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote