View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water leak in slab. Awesome

Well last night went to go get the mail and water bill was $86. Usually only $22 every month. It said I had used 14,000 gals. I was like WTF. I'm pretty handy so I started to look for running toilets and such not. Nothing there.

So I knew it had to be in the yard. I first turned off the water valve on the house and the water meter was still running. Defiantly outside. So I shut the meter off. You would think after 14,000 gals you'd see somthing in the yard. But nope. You'd think the water dept would tell you something is up when out of the norm. It's also been so dry here so the ground must soak it up. I proped the yard and no soft spots. Dug around the meter and nothing. Dug up where it runs into the house under the slab.. Very mois dirt but no mud. Turn meter on and BOOM. Water flowing big time.

So my dad and I will be busy tomorrow. Already got the sheetrock cut out. Sad thing the builder didn't even put a sleeve in the slab for the water line to run, it's completely mated in the concrete. What BS. So now I can't fish another threw. Will have to drill threw the wall and down the outer exterior wall. Great eye pleasure. Will have to insulate and plant shrubs there.

Word to the wise buy a house with a crawl space. I'm getting a new home next year anyways.