View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

I've installed mine Monday night. Everything looked good, took if for a 100km round trip drive in the highway on Tuesday and a short drive around town the next day (yesterday) when I got the car home I had a look under the car to make sure everything was ok. I didn't notice any problems while driving, this was just precautionary.

What I noticed,

1. The rear left (drivers side) exhaust hanger for the mufflers was starting to come out of the ruber. I adjusted it and will keep an eye on it.

2. the section of pipe after the Y-pipe and before the mufflers. Right side (passenger side) of the car the hanger was barely in the rubber. I thought I could just re-seat the rubber but there isn't enough of the hanger going through. So I removed the rubber mount and moved it over (towards the centre of the car) approximately 1 inch. I have lots of the hanger inserted into the rubber now.

3. I notice a slight *rasp* when letting off the throttle from low to mid speed think city driving. I don't notice this noise during a down shift or during acceleration. I'm assuming this is a normal noise. It doesn't bother me, just looking for verification. I'm not sure if it could be an exhaust leak? I do know it's not caused by contact from braces, car, etc.

Here are some pics to illustrate point #2,

IMG 0999 by J M Gale, on Flickr

IMG_3559 by J M Gale, on Flickr

IMG_3557 by J M Gale, on Flickr

My *fix*

IMG_3562 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Overall, the quality of the welds are top notch, the performance improvements and sound are to die for. The small issues should not stop anyone from buying this exhaust, I am still satisfied with my purchase. Having built custom cars for years, I know poop happens and this is a really small issue.

I emailed Berk yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them regarding my small issues.

Last edited by GaleForce; 09-15-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: fix pics
GaleForce is offline   Reply With Quote