View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Semtex - I am from Alberta as well (Edmonton) and I only fill with Shell V-Power. Even if there were any HP gains to be had from running 94 in the Z, I'd rather stick with the cleaner stuff. When I first got the car I read thru the owners manual and I seem to remember somewhere in there it saying not to use fuel with ethanol in the Z. (Could be mistaken, it was a while ago I read it)

I have read a lot of the same information you have, however I concluded that the benefits of Shell outweighed the small benefit of higher octane. I was told recently that even Shell will have to start adding ethanol to all their fuels by Jan 2012, not sure if this will come to pass.

Side note, why did you have to leave the Z in GA? Also, where in Alberta did you move to?