View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
HPDE Track insurance. It's a little steep, but you can buy it for the year at a substantial discount for a given number of events.

To put that into perspective that people here can relate to. I was 0.6 seconds slower than the GT-R during the time trial, and he is a very good experienced driver. He was running tired R888's vs my V710's - I think that shows what tires are worth.
I usually only run time trial, insurance is probably not going to work. I wish I don't have a mortgage, stupid house.

Tires definitely make a huge difference, especially at the Glen where most corners are sweepers. I was expecting a 6 sec difference, I didn't expect 10 sec. Of course outside of the tires, I am not sure if your suspension/power/driver mods added any or not. It's tough to say, but you said you were 8 sec quicker on the 710s over the RE11 with the same driver and car. I have done similar tests before, but the difference was closer to 3 sec at VIR, but that was against some older R888s.

t
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote