View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
nice run, killed me by 10 sec or something

its hard to see from the video, but your car just sticks like glue in the corner. you were going in a few good mph faster at every corner. i dont know if it is your skill or tires, but i couldnt touch those cornering speed without ending up in the wall. madness, great job
Tires are everything at this track, the wide V710's were sticking very nicely. Best time on the Nitto's was 2:16 and on the RE-11's I think was just sub 2:20 so really I was only 2 seconds faster than you with a lot more car setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig11 View Post
Very nice driving, incredibly smooth. So much armco around that track... Looks like if you screw up you're almsot guaranteed to be in the wall. That has to make you nervous.
The Armco is very intimidating. It took me a long time to build up to the proper speed for a few of the more scary corners such as 6, and 11. If you watch the video closely you'll see my f'up at around 7:15 going up the esses. I was too abrupt going from the right turn to the left turn at 110 mph and got the car a little loose and hopped the curb on the inside. In the video all you'll see if the car go a little left and a bit of a back off on the gas, but I think I pooped my pants a little. Fortunately it didn't totally destroy my lap but probably cost me a few tenths.