View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ryan@IP
Base Member

Drives: 04 BMW 330i ZHP
Ryan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond reputeRyan@IP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
That's too bad, cause they just turn me off on these. It it the situation where you need windex and a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive? Or do you need a glue dissolver? lol

Hell just paint over them lol.
I understand your dilemma

There is definitely a way to remove them, but I'm afraid that any method you end up using may result in some negative effect on the finish. The only situations I've seen where the stickers come off are when they are about to be repainted or they have slowly peeled off after many, many years of use and abuse.

Personally, I think I would only try using a super hot heat gun (like what you would use to roll fenders), a bunch of De-solv-it, and some sort of exacto-knife to possibly delicately pull up a corner of the sticker and hope it's hot enough to peel away as a whole. Obviously, this is highly discouraged, but it's an option if you're brave!

Ryan at Injected Performance
Phone: (888) 465-7373
Ryan@IP is offline   Reply With Quote