View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
Did you actually read the joke or just see the thread title and see it was a joke and then get all offended?

We can all agree that drinking and driving is wrong and irresponsible. But there is no evidence that making a light-hearted joke (and the joke is light-hearted ... it doesn't even qualify as "dark humor") or laughing at one makes one more likely to do the act portrayed in the joke.

I'm truly sorry if the OP's post pushed your buttons, but we all have buttons that can be pushed -- though mostly all will not have had a life threatening experience as you have had.

This is the internet (as others has repeatedly pointed out to me) ... not a group of close friends who know about your experience and are careful to steer clear of topics sensitive to you. That said, someone wishing to post a joke can not reasonably be expected to know that there is someone in the audience who feels that strongly about the subject matter. Truly tasteless or indecent jokes are either not allowed or only allowed in appropriate sections, but this was neither. It just happened to be about a topic you are very sensitive about because of personal experience.
I think rule #34 could be stretched to apply to this situation. google it if you don't know what Im talking about