View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...doesn't seem right to me - maybe like the dealer is just trying to up his cashflow a bit? I know when my wife was looking at ordering a Mini, they wanted $1000 down. There are thousands of different combinations on that car so you could really get a funky one that would be hard to sell, but crap, there are like 2 options on a 370Z! Not like they couldn't sell a red w/ grey interior touring / sport with nav, y'know?

I'm in sales and every once in a while I'll ask for a deposit - usually from a new client + overseas order - but I do products with custom logos on them - they're of no value to me if the client can't pay or goes under prior to delivery. That's why I ask for a deposit.

Think I might just walk in there with a check made out for $500 and see what they say.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote