View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #63 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Tim, the market in North Dakota is very different to let's say FL, NV, OH. Home prices are actually going up in your state with the heavy presence of oil companies and defense industries buying up huge lots of land. I do agree that in some areas pricing went up, DC is one of those examples because of the Federal Gov. I looked into buying rental properties early in the year but held off due to the issues with renters (wrecking your home, leaving you with repairs for the next one, bad tenants, low return due to declining home pricing). Please don't get me wrong, a house is a much better investment than a car but if one at at the early stages of his/her career (where you might be expected to move around) buys a house thinking that it will return big in a few months, then that person will be up for some nasty surprise. We are no longer in the 90s & early 2000s where you were guaranteed major returns once you bought your house
I know, but I just don't want the kid to think that he won't see any return...and it's not always a matter of stages of ones career, I could be shipped off at any time. but again, I have a wife... so it makes the descion easier for me.
and again, you are very correct. the market is very geo-centric... as for my area... you forgot the flood that took 1000s of homes forcing our market to skyrocket.... FFFUUUU mother nature!

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote