View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #67 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Um, well, I got around a GTR at Phoenix Intl Raceway about 3 months ago after following closely behind it for a few laps... so, YES WE CAN! It was DE4 and the GTR driver had plenty of experience at PIR, so hard to pin it on rookie driving

Posted here: Third trackday! All is good!
"... and here's the best part ! I think I got a lot of attention in the fourth and final session when I hung with a GTR for two laps and then PASSED IT ! Corner workers were clearly pleased... I managed to get about 10 car lengths ahead before the session ended..."

My point is that the stock 370z (with an oil cooler!) is really not far off the GTR as a track car. And a prepared 370z IMO is a better track car.
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote