View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #247 (permalink)
Equinox
Track Member

Drives: 06 Porsche Carrera S
Equinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Thank you! I wired the cam's and HU wire to the green/white cable that goes to the reverse bulb, works like a charm.

For the SPEED IN wire.. should I just tap into the yellow cable on pin18 of the car's audio harness?
That's the one.

Vehicle Speed Signal & Reverse Wires

the idea is so the radio knows how fast you are traveling when the radio can't see the gps satellite. This way, gaps in your gps signal will be seamless, since it will just use your speed as a guide for where you are on the map until the gps signal returns. Driving through a tunnel, otherwise, would have your car's icon sit at the beginning of the tunnel on the map, and then pop onto the otherside once you're out of it and can see the satellite again.
'13 Subaru WRX STi | '06 Porsche 911 Carrera S (SOLD) | '96 Mazda RX-7 6.0L V8 RHD (SOLD) | '09 Nissan Nismo #0058 (SOLD)

Last edited by Equinox; 09-12-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote