View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #3407 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
unconvincing win, we needed a rookie GK mistake to give us a goal. credit to arsh for running today, good start for arteta and mertesacker, who looks good next to the more mobile koscielny.

benayoun ran hard, didn't produce much of anything.
Agreed somewhat, they showed some excellent attacking flair at times, but the final ball was lacking. Arteta looked lively and creative in the first half, he looked a bit sluggish in the second. Kos was all over the pitch, further confirming why he was selected for the nats. Merte looked composed, he was outpaced at times, but as predicted, he was positionally sound, saved us on more than one occasion and his height was greatly appreciated on set pieces. I think he and kos will definitely make a great partnership, Kos being more mobile and stuck to the faster players while Merte mops up the trash. Agreed with Benayoun, he showed alot of pace, but didnt really impress, I suppose he wasnt in long enough. Arsha was a surprise, guess hes finally getting tired of being slammed in the tabloids for being a lazy arse. Well taken opportunistic goal. RvP kind of surprised me, he was sharp at times, but it seemed everytime he was on the ball, 3 Swan defenders swarmed him. Very unlucky on the dinger. I DO think the new boys will eventually fall into the swing of things and improve as they get more games, next week Song and Gervi will be back, definitely a boost for the team, looking forward to the Dortmund match tomorrow!